Nea Plagia, west coast of Halkidiki Greece
The population of beachfront village of Nea Plagia is 1,171 residents, historically associated with the slopes of Eastern Thrace. The first settlement was built in 1924 by refugees from Eastern Thrace. The original location was near the monastery then KARAMANEA in place of a swamp , where with the help of the monks built the first houses and gradually turned into fertile marsh land .
The village was named New Plagia to keep alive the memories of the old homeland.
Today, the visitor meets the beach of Nea sideways along the settlement where the clean sandy beaches are home to thousands of bathers in the summer months. Another feature of the village are the numerous parks with all kinds of flowers and trees highlight on the local flora .