Our summer holiday in Halkidiki was above our expectations. Everything was great – from the sea to the food. Here’s our experience from our vacations in Greece.
Holidays in Halkidiki
It’s been a while since we unpacked from our summer holidays in Halkidiki, Greece, and still, the main discussion on our family table is our vacations. With such clear waters, safe beaches, easy transport, and great hospitality, the two weeks weren’t enough but filled us with joy.
We loved the food, the waters, the people, and unpacked so much more than flip-flops and clothing; we unpacked great memories.
The way we experienced Halkidiki
We were expecting our summer vacation in Halkidiki with great anticipation and were rewarded with excellent holidays.
– It was easy to travel from the Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki, but also from Vourvourou, where we stayed to the nearby villages. There are no long distances, and so we were able to visit many villages in all three peninsulas of Halkidiki.
– The beaches and waters are great. My family has traveled a lot and never seen such blue and clear waters anywhere. We also loved the kid-friendly beaches. We weren’t concerned at all about our children’s safety.
– There are many things to do in Halkidiki. We enjoyed several sea sports, like snorkeling. Our children got windsurf lessons too. We also visited a picturesque village called Parthenonas and booked a half day sailing trip in Neos Marmaras.
– Words cannot describe our gastronomic experience. We have heard of the Greek souvlaki, salad and calamari. But talking about Greek food is one thing; actually tasting these and many more dishes was a different story.
– Last but not least, we loved the people. We felt the Greek hospitality and appreciated everyone’s assistance.
Going to Greece for our summer vacation was one of the best decisions we ever made. We still talk about our fun moments and already schedule our next holidays to Halkidiki next summer.
(Article written by Sandra Bajic)