Dionysiou (Dionisiou) is a village that has 1303 inhabitants who multiply during the summer as the village represents a “summer’s…Read More
The history of Polichrono begins in 650 b.c when the Eretrieis came to the Peninsula of Kassandra and established their colony in Neapoli, which despite all the barbarian invasions managed to survive until 540 a.c. when it was totally ruined by the Huns.
In the 11th century cattle-breeders farmers gathered in this area and built “Polyhro” village, which name was given due to the large number of flowers that the region had.
The village lived under the Turkish oppression and during the revolution of 1821 it was put to fire and completely ruined by the Turks.
Few years later some of the few survivors who had run away and managed to survive, came back and rebuilt the village, which due to its verbal corruption was named Polyhrono. Today is one of the most famous places of Halkidiki and it attracts thousands of visitors every year. It well known for its long beach, which lies along the settlement.
Don’t miss to visit the Folklore Museum of Polichrono !