Pirgadikia is an amphitheater built village over the sea with a view of the magnificent Mount Athos and the peninsula of Sithonia. This village abstains 100 km from Thessaloniki and 35 km from Poliyiros .
Pirgadikia (or Saint Dimitrios) was established after 1922 by Asia Minor refugees of Afthoni Marmara. The ancient city “Piloros” was situated at the peninsula of Pirgadikia . It is the second city where the army of Xerxis passed after the passage of Athos canal. It is referred to the Athens alliance catalogues until 433 bC.