Built near a beautiful forest with incredible potential for agritourism development.
Barbara is located between two mountains, Dreveniko and Sugliani. It is a settlement with traditional houses, cobbled streets, narrow streets, quiet neighborhoods, plenty of water, fountains, and endless.
The place has been inhabited since 14 AD. century. In a document of the priest Sidirokasia, the first data are formulated, while a Turkish firman of 1762 includes in the federation of Mantemochoria the village of Varvara. In 1821, following the common fate of the villages of Halkidiki, it was set on fire by the Turks.
About 800 residents are involved in logging, livestock and mining. The women’s cooperative Barbara produces products with pure ingredients of exceptional quality successfully in the market. The village celebrates on December 4, the feast of St. Barbara, in the incomparable winter landscape that.
The main festival is of Agios Georgios, lasting three days (with the stuffed goat and the rest traditionally, the fun and the good mood will satisfy even the most demanding visitor. The cultural three days at the end of July, is the culmination of the events and gathers thousands world.
As well as the Varvara Festival with intense action in recent years.